How to choose your first camera to start the photography journey? Which factors should be given major consideration for a beginner’s camera? How to balance the budget and the quality? DSLR camera or mirrorless camera?
First things first.
What features should an entry-level camera have?
- Easy and Friendly Use
It should be easy to use, making things smooth and giving you much more confidence to explore the further journey.
- Interchangeable Lens
A camera with an interchangeable lens is much better, which can stay with you years to come even when you have entered another level in the future.
- Affordable Cost
It is totally reasonable and understandable to buy a entry-level camera at affordable cost, no one wants to invest too much at the very beginning.
Original photo by: CHUTTERSNAP@chuttersnap
Why is DSLR camera, not mirroless camera?
We recommend DSLR camera for beginners for the following reasons:
- Long Battery Life
There is always a longer battery life of DSLR camera, which is quite convenient and reliable for beginner, who may need to practice shooting a lot in the prior stage.
- Button Layout
The ergonomic handling and straightforward controls in DSLR camera makes photography more accessible for beginners.
- Quality Image
Most DSLR cameras have large sensors and interchangeable lenses to guarantee the image quality and versatility in various types of photography.
- Optical Viewfinder
The largest advantage for DSLR camera lies in the optical viewfinder, which is really a big bonus in your photography journey.
Here comes the most exciting moment, the specific entry-level Canon cameras for new photographers. All cameras in the list have relatively advanced configurations, which is sufficient for beginners, as well as the further upgraded demand.
- Feature Guide for easy and friendly use.
- One of the cheapest DSLR camera in its siblings.
- Versatile with assortment of lenses, flashes and other accessories.
- Top-of-the range sensor with fully-articulating Touchscreen.
- Downright screen for preferably use of the viewfinder.
- Most attractive and affordable DSLR camera packs 4K Video, Wi-Fi and NFC.
- Fast and reliable AF System for both stills and video.
- Friendly-use button layout and vari angle touchscreen.
- Cost-effective one compared with its family products.
- More agreeable price than same-level siblings.
- A slightly more advanced camera for outgrowing the basic models.
- Faster adjusting options with top-plate LCD screen and two control dials.
- Easy use with guided menu system.
- High-quality images by 24.2MP sensor and 45-point autofocus system.
- Advanced sensor and AF system for growing space in future.
Powerful sensor and image processor are guarantees for image quality. Strong AF system gives you better focusing experience. Functions like touchscreen and 4K video resolution provide more friendly and all-purpose use. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enables more convenient transmission.
In a word: the more bonus the camera has, the more expensive the price is. Make a balance between the specific use and the budget.
Hope this article gives you an inspiration for your first camera or an upgraded one in your photography journey!
If you like this blog, please share it!
If there is any other idea about vinyl photography backdrops, please contact us！
Join our Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/foxbackdrop for more discussion and discount information.