Since Fox Backdrop has started our journey, we have always made every effort to offer develop high-end products and custom services. Our custom backdrop is sturdy, wrinkle-resistant vinyl backdrop with high-definition and realistic image printed on it according to your requirements. Different kinds of backdrops’ applied to different occasions. And that means you should choose proper size to fit your photography.
There are always concerns about backdrop size. To anticipate what size backdrop will work well for your portraits, it's important to figure out the size of your studio first and then the size of your subject.
- Size Of Your Studio/Space
You need to measure the width and depth of the floor area, stage and the most important - ceiling height. Here, we take size which full length body shots need as a baseline.
Depth is also need to be considered if you are planning to take full-body portraits. At least 3ft away from your portrait subjects to the backdrop should be assured to prevent shadows and allow for easy lighting. Also, make sure the backdrop is long enough to extend onto the floor for model to stand and move. (Or you can pair your backdrop with a matching rubber floor mat if your budget is enough.)
Last but not least, the width means how many people you can photograph, and the room for model to pose and move.
Ceiling height, Depth of Studio —— (Determines) —— Height of Backdrop
Width of Studio —— (Determines) —— Width of Backdrop
It is always safest to order a backdrop that is too large rather than too small, as it is much easier to crop an image than try to digitally extend the background. According to the standard we mentioned above, 6.5×10ft, 8×10ft, 8×12ft (Width×Height) is enough for most of regular sessions.
Size of Your Subject
After measuring the size of your space, then you need to consider the size of your subject and your specific shooting style,like birthday, wedding or event shooting. (What will you shoot?)
Fox vinyl backdrops are available in multiple sizes – standard widths of 3ft, 5ft, 6.5ft, 8ft, 10ft and 12ft. You’ll be able to shoot big to small to everything in-between. Also, we are specializing in customizing even larger size according to your requirements.
Please note: All backdrop sizes are displayed as "width x height"
Here are some examples of subjects or types of shoots that best fit a certain size (Only For Reference):
3ft (W)x 5 ft (H) / 5 ft (W) x 3ft (H) (approximately 1m x 5m / 1.5m x 1m) – For tight headshots, newborns or kids, pets, small products;
- 5ft (W)x 5 ft (H) (approximately 5m x 1.5m) – For kids, headshots and 3/4 -length portraits;
- 5ft (W)x 7 ft (H) / 7 ft (W) x 5ft (H) (approximately 5m x 2.2m / 2.2m x 1.5m) – Ideal for headshots and portraits that are not full-body length; 7ft (H) for Standing posture and 5ft (H) for No standing posture, 1-2 people.
- 8ft (W)x 8 ft (H) (approximately 4m x 2.4m) – Do what 5 x 5 ft & 5 x 7 can do, but allow some extra room for your subject to move about and more room to edit in in Photoshop.
- 6.5ft (W)x 10 ft (H) / 10 ft (W) x 6.5ft (H) (approximately 2m x 3m / 3m x 2m) – Almost good for single full length portraits if your studio/space is small, and other occasions we mentioned above, but not the most ideal size.
- 8ft (W)x 10 ft (H) / 10 ft (W) x 8ft (H) (approximately 4m x 3m / 3m x 2.4m)– Versatility! This size accommodates most of occasions from portraits of children to portraits of families; 2-4 people.
- 8ft (W)x 12 ft (H) / 12 ft (W) x 8ft (H) (approximately 4m x 3.6m / 3.6m x 2.4m) – This size is ideal for shooting most full-length portraits;2-4 people.
- Custom size – As your requirements, please contact us.
Please note: A larger size backdrop can always do what a smaller size can do, all the suggestions above are the maximum size of subjects for corresponding size backdrop.
If you like this blog, please share it!
If there is any other idea about vinyl photography backdrops, please contact us！
Join our Facebook Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/foxbackdrop for more discussion and discount information.